Friday, June 28, 2013

Taking it all in


6/28/13

As my last day in the Galabuzi household comes to a close, everyone has been joyfully reminiscent about the past two weeks. We’ve talked about the research, the food, the countless moments of “firsts,” and the small inside jokes that have been brilliantly and effortlessly created. I apologize for not keeping up with the blog posts as much as I really should have during the past few days. I have found it more important to focus on the present moments as the trip comes to a close, considering my stay here has been so short. Tomorrow I make the trip back to the capital city of Kampala where I will have the chance to spend a great deal of time analyzing the over 100 pages of notes that have been written. During this time, I will also finalize my findings and formulate concluding remarks – all with help from the final discussion that took place yesterday with the village elders. In the next few days, look forward to a more in-depth post regarding these findings. For now, I must get back to my last matooke-filled meal, my last cutthroat game of Ludo, my last laughter-filled conversation with the Galabuzi family, and my last few moments in Kikandwa…at least until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment